Build and Manage Your Dream Website in Just One Weekend.
Want to get your site launched quickly and effectively?
If you're a handmade maker or creative entrepreneur looking to expand your business to Shopify, this one-day intensive program is designed to help you create a beautiful, functional website within a small group of supportive, like-minded individuals.
Participants will go from 0 to launch over one day with the help of Shopify Experts and Small Business Gurus at The Maker's Hub, Oshawa.
The many benefits of becoming a Shopify Merchant:
- Take control of your own future rather than relying on Etsy or Facebook Marketplace to keep your business flourishing.
- Put your eggs in more than one basket and branch out into your own branded website and sell with ease using multiple Sales Channels (Facebook, Pinterest, Amazon, etc*) with synced inventory.
- Freedom to design your website to fit both your brand and style.
- 24/7 Support from Shopify.
- Hundreds of Apps and Themes to ensure you get the website you've always dreamed of.
Over a full Sunday we will look at and create your dream website using the best practices, tested methods and with the support of Melissa, who has helped over 1500 Shopify Merchants succeed, and her Gurus team. We want to see you thrive on Shopify!
What you'll need to participate:
- A can-do attitude! We promise to help you get through it.
- A willingness to be a part of a supportive team of like-minded individuals, building their websites with you (a small, intimate team!) and the Guru Crew.
- A budget. We'll be talking about paid themes and apps and if they apply to your needs, so think about what you can afford at this time or on a monthly basis. The great thing about Shopify is everything you need to get started is available for free and building up later is 100% available to you.
- Access to your current Etsy store or a list of your products to work with (a CSV of products).
- A laptop to bring to class to work on your website.
- A burning desire to have a beautiful, functional website!
- The ability to sit for long periods of time and stay focussed.
What is included in this workshop:
- Dedicated guidance and support from Melissa and her team.
- Sunday is an 8 hour day with breaks for lunch and stretching. Keep in mind we will keep within the 8 hour maximum daily time period but could potentially finish early depending on students' skill level and technology working for us and not against us.
- A fully functional website that has you ready to sell in one day! Note: if no unforeseen circumstances occur. i.e. Student has technological problems, more than 10 products etc.
- Recommendations and roundtable discussion about the future of your website and business. What you need for your website to succeed and what you need to invest in to maximize your sales potential.
- Confidence building skills to not only continue to run your store but be your very own Shopify Guru.
- Lunch (please note any dietary restrictions or allergies in the forms provided after purchase). Options will be provided one week before the class. This will be a working lunch.
- Tea, coffee and snacks to munch on while we get to work!
- Access to our VIP Facebook Group with 30 days of access to ask any followup questions and 4 weekly Live videos to answer questions live.
What we'll accomplish:
- Choose a theme for your brand and your products.
- Learn how to add and edit your products for Google search.
- Create cohesive collections that make your products easy to navigate and purchase.
- Learn and create the 5 most important pages for your website.
- Build and design your theme and website with your clientele/target market in mind.
- Discuss the apps necessary for your business, clients and products.
- Setup your payment provider, your legal documents, shipping, taxes and more.
- Choose the best plan for your business and launch your website!
(^^ This video still applies for March 31st participants. *Limited to 4 spaces.)
If you're ready to take the leap and become a Shopify Superstar register now!
To ensure quality and control, space is limited to 4 students per course.
The next session is being held Sunday, March 31st from 9am - 5pm at the Maker's Hub, Oshawa.
The cost is $495.00 USD (US Dollars). This price is non-refundable. If, as the date approaches, you are unable to make these dates, your tuition will guarantee a place in the next classroom. Please be sure to double and triple check dates before purchasing.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Maker's Hub Members receive 10% off!
* Sales Channel availability is dependant upon Merchant location.